Tuesday 27 April 2010

Politically Neutralised

What do you do?
Its a safe seat...
Even though you long for change...
It will never come...

Can I transfer my vote to a marginal seat?
Where I can argue on the doorstep with the candidates...
Can I be proportionally represented then?
So I can feel like my vote is worth something...

something more than a silent smelless fart...

Here my vote is worth 0.062 of a vote
I'm not even a whole fart...
just a quick whiff of passing air,
ejaculated into the maelstrom of the election...

When its important to be heard...
No one is listening
because they dont need to hear
litle farts like mine...

theyre just not important enough to heed...
But I tell you this much
Ive got a cork...
and I'm going to use it...

build up some back pressure
a few pints of bitter...
a few good curries
the hotter the better...

and one day soon, yes one day soon...
I'll take a corkscrew
and extract that cork...
and blow them all to the moon!!!

No comments: